You wouldn’t be the first one to think that you have lots of time to make the most important decision of your life. We have a friend who says she knows who Jesus is, but she’ll make a commitment to Him when she gets old and before she dies.
What if she never makes it to old age? What if she dies next week? There was another friend that died very suddenly at the age of 21. Another person died in a head-on car crash yesterday.......
he was only 36.......and other people were very sure the flight they were on would land safely at the airport. ...................................297 were dead the next day.
1. No one knows when their time will be finished here on earth. Your body will die, but your spirit and soul will live for eternity. Jesus said: “I am the one who raises the dead and gives them life again. Anyone who believes in Me, even though he dies, he shall live again.
He is given eternal life for believing in Me and shall never perish”
2. The Bible (the perfect true Word of God) says: “ it is destined that men die only once, and after that comes judgment”.That means the body you are in has a limited time here on this earth. Since we are body, soul and spirit,
where will YOUR soul and spirit go after your body dies?God has written that His spirit will not always strive with man. There comes a time that God shuts doors that no man can open!
You can cross a line where He says “no more”. We are fast approaching a time of deception when man will think he can get it all together on his own. But we are warned that if we play around too long, it might be too late.
THAT IS THE TERROR.
3. Your Heavenly Father LOVES you and wants you to spend eternity with Him. “He is not willing that any should perish.”4. After all, He created you. The Bible says He knew you before you were born! “I knew you before you were formed in your mother’s womb”. His heart burst with pride when you entered this world. As a Father, He held His hands out to you and watched you take your first steps and venture out and grow. He loved you so much that rather than demand that you love Him in return, He gave you a choice.He wanted the decision to love Him in return to be your CHOICE. (I’ll bet your family and friends feel the same way). ................ So God is wooing you. He’s placed the beautiful sun to rise every morning to smile on you, grow crops, bring you food.............................. He brought fresh rain to water your grass and gardens. He keeps your heart beating and your lungs expanding................You could not take another breath, your heart could not beat one more time, if He didn’t allow it! Every cell of your body is held together by His Word- - His command. ......Oh I could go on and on about at all the ways He’s tried to show His love for us. ..... A famous writer once said God would have your picture on His refrigerator- - - your photo would be the one he’d proudly show in His wallet.........But wait -- you also have an enemy. The snake that separated Adam and Eve from their Father in the beginning. Adam and Eve made the wrong choice and listened to the devil. Their choice resulted in Man being spiritually separated from God. They broke God’s heart. (You probably know what it’s like to have your heart broken). ............. But it was their choice. ......and yet He still loved them, forgave them, nurtured them, fed them, clothed them, gave them GRACE.......................and then...... He made a Plan.
His Plan was to send His beloved son Jesus.
Yes that’s it!
5. .....Jesus would make a way for Man to spiritually be able to return to the bosom of their Father. And so at the appointed time, God’s angels trumpeted from Heaven the arrival of the Son of God in a lowly manger. There weren’t many who knew their Messiah had come............... He spent His first 30 years in quiet growth, but when the time came, John the Baptist knew Jesus and baptized Him.
“God sent John the Baptist as a witness to the fact that Jesus Christ is the true light”.6. The next 3.5 years of Jesus’ life here on earth were demonstrated in miracles, thousands being healed and showing the love of the Father here on earth. But then His life ended when He was only 33 1/2 years old!. It wasn’t an accident; no, it was preordained. It was done on purpose. It was done to fulfill God’s promise to Man “to find a way back”. Jesus - An innocent and guilt-free man gave up His life, and suffered a horrible death ------------- for you. Jesus was the perfect sacrifice - the “bridge” from carnal man to your Heavenly Father. It was in those moments of death that Jesus took upon himself every sin in the world......... ---Your sin, my sin, all our sins. He bore them all. “For God took the sinless Christ and poured unto Him our sins. Then, in exchange, He poured God’s goodness into us!”.He was separated from His Father.....(My God, My God why have you forsaken me?)......... ............the agony......the agony........you and I will never know, never even to be able to imagine. But He did it for us! Does anyone on this earth have a friend that would send his son to the death chamber to set you free? Do you have a friend or relative that would go to court with you when you have been stamped “guilty” and step forward and ask the judge to lay the sentence on him? I don’t think so. But Jesus did. He loves you THAT much!
7. .............. Jesus went to hell and back taking the keys from the devil once and for all. “Tombs were opened, and many godly men and women who had died came back to life again. After Jesus’ resurrection, these risen dead left the cemetery and went into Jerusalem,
and appeared to many people there”.Jesus then spent 40 days on earth in His glorified body, visiting and proving His resurrection. Showing people the nail scars on His hands and feet, He appeared to over 500 people.Before He left to rejoin his Father, He gave to His disciples the Great Commission to go and tell the world. The disciples begged Him to stay, but He knew that as one man He could only comfort one person at a time. He explained that when He left He would send the Comforter, the Holy Spirit that could reside in every human being when they ask.
8. While here Jesus had said “If any man believe in Me, He will I love. I am the way the truth and the life. No one can get to the Father except by means of Me”.You can be assured that your Heavenly Father loved you so, .............that He sent His only Son to die for you, that you might have eternal life with Him.
9. Now you can know that when you die, if it be tonight or next year - -- the angels will sing, meet you and take you to be with Jesus. By faith you can renounce your sins. “Works” won’t get you anywhere. “All our righteous acts are like filthy rags”
10. “even the best moral life falls short of what God requires. Sin must be dealt with and removed”.
11. Accepting the atoning death of Jesus Christ is your way to eternal life with Him. With Jesus in your heart, the two of you can do anything. He will be with you all day to fellowship with, to talk to, to cry with, to laugh with, to share everything. He’ll hold you up, embrace you and when you stumble, His strong hands will reach out and lift you again. Let Him help you find a really great, spirit filled church and grow in the knowledge that a bible believing church can help teach you. ...........Physically join a church, for now you are a member of the “family of God” and a brother or sister to millions of other born-again Christians. “Everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord”.
12. ......................Read your Bible as much as you can. If you are struggling and can’t hear His voice, His words are found between the covers of that Bible and it is filled with His love letters to you and his sage, good advice. He departs this wisdom to you. ”If you obey my instructions, you will be given wisdom and good sense”.
13. Even the thief on the cross beside Jesus went to Heaven. Did you know that? He was a murderer and a thief, and yet because he believed in Jesus at the last moment, he is right now in Paradise. There are many murderers on death row that will be in Heaven, ......and yet there are many people whom you think “good” that may not be there. There are many good citizens, good people, whose works won’t cut it. “Before every man there lies a wide and pleasant road that seems right, but ends in death.”God made it clear that works were not the pathway to His presence; only the heart...........the heart that had asked the living Christ into it.Your new life won’t be perfect. In fact you’ll continue to sin because man in his flesh has a really hard time with that. But each day is new and each day of steps “in Christ” are steps in the right direction. No matter what happens on this earth, our time here ...........is less than a grain of sand on all the beaches of the world. Eternity stretches beyond our wildest imaginations. Your brief life here will be followed by eternal life with other believers and best of all, seeing your Lord face to face.God’s hope for you first of all, is to have that personal, close relationship with Him as a dear friend, confidant and Father. His second desire is that you do His Will. Share the Good News. The Good News is Jesus Christ. You are His mouth now......... His hands. Tell others.................before it’s too late.If you want to be assured of eternal life, say this simple prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
I know that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as Lord and Savior. In Jesus’ name. Amen
14. “You are now a brand new person inside. A new life has begun!”.
15. “And I suppose that if all the other events in Jesus’ life were written, the whole world could hardly contain the books!”.Send us your address and we’ll mail you a free cassette tape.If you have a Prayer Request Please feel free to e-mail it to us
and we will be happy to pray in agreement with you!
HonorGR@aol.com This page is dedicated to Patrick Sparre - beloved son of Alison and Peter Sparre
who went home to his Lord at the age of 21.
Liberty Savard Ministeries, Inc.
References:(1) John 11:25 - (2) Hebrews 9:27 - (3) 2 Peter 3:9
(4) Matthew 10:28 - (5) John 1:6 - (6) 2 Corinthians 5:21
(7) Matthew 27:52-53 - (8) John 14:6 - (9) Isaiah 64:6
(10) Romans 2:2 - (11) Philippians 3:8 - (12) Proverbs 2:1,2
(13) Proverbs 14:12 - (14) 2 Corinthians 5:17 - (15) John 21:25
Honor Service Dogs Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides extraordinary golden retrievers to veterans, special needs individuals and service organizations as well as family pets. Established in 1960.
Honor Service Dogs Inc.
is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization
that provides extraordinary golden retrievers to veterans, special needs individuals and service organizations as well as wonderful family pets.
Established in 1960.
P.O. Box 77108, Charlotte, NC, 28271, USA